If you’re not an HTML expert creating a facebook landing page might be difficult. Usually if I have to create anything using code I just ask my web developer and that can get expensive. If you want to create a facebook page but don’t know how to write HTML code, this is the right place. I will show you step-by-step how to create a facebook landing page without writing code. All you need is a wordpress blog or a web design program that will write the code for you.
Social Xplosion uses a wordpress blog so I will show how to simply turn some images and text into a facebook landing page.
1. Design – The first step is to figure out the design of your facebook landing page. Once you have figured out the design, insert the images and texts into your wordpress blog. I used a logo and some word art on my welcome page.
2. HTML – Once you insert your images/text into your word press post it’s time to convert it to HTML. Click the tab on the top right of the post “HTML”. This step is to prepare for later so for now make sure this is saved. Remember this will most likely not be published on your blog just save it as a draft.
3. Static HTML: iframe tabs -Next, log into facebook, and search for the “Static HTML: iframe tabs”. Choose the one with the “Black Star” as its icon.
4. Add a Static HTML: iframe tab – Once you find the Static HTML tab it needs to be added to your facebook page. To add it, click the “Add Static HTML: iframe tab” buttons.
5. Welcome Page – The page that you create for facebook can be for any reason but the most common is a welcome or landing page. The tab has already been create along with the page that you created back in steps 1 and 2. Now is time to insert the HTML code that you create into your new “Static HTML: iframe tab” or now know as your “welcome page”. First click on the Welcome Page found in the task bar on the left hand side of your facebook page. Sometimes if you have many tabs you might have to select the “more” tab to make more tabs appear.
6. Copy and Paste HTML Code – The next step is to copy the code that you created in step two (the code created in your wordpress blog) and paste it to the facebook welcome page.
7. View Welcome Page – Once you have created the page you would probably like to view it to make sure it looks presentable. Since it is your page whenever you click on the page you will see the editing box. To view your finished product, click on the link “-View your tab as a non-fan”.
8. Set Welcome Page as Default Landing Page – To set the welcome page as the default landing page start by clicking the edit link located on the left side of the facbook page located in the about section.Once in the edit section of your page select “Manage Permissions” on the left hand side of the page. Locate the setting for the “Default Landing Tab” and switch it to your welcome tab. If you changed the name of your tab just make sure to select the correct one.